Policies & Communication
Communication is key.
RISK FREE. GUARANTEED…
At AAD, we value our relationships with students and parents above all else. We guarantee your satisfaction or we’ll work with you to make it right!
- “News on the Move” newsletter sent via email.
- Recital Handbook issued prior to recital.
- We ask each family to provide a valid email address as all important updates are sent via email. AAD makes every effort to keep students and parents informed if an email address is not available. If you have questions, please stop at the desk and let us know!
- Stay connected and up to date with AAD via Facebook and Instagram! Share photos, stories & ideas, stay up to date on events & performances!
- Each level is invited to a private Facebook group for detailed updates and extra communitcation.
- Comprehensive private AAD online parent login with even more information! www.dmparentportal.com/studio505
- In May or early June, we end our dance season with a professional and highly anticipated recital. We encourage all of our students to participate, but do not require it. Recital is a wonderful opportunity for your child to showcase all their hard work made throughout the year. Recital tickets are reserved seating and go on sale in mid April.
- The annual spring recital, local festivals, parades, competitions and events are all performance opportunities for AAD students. All classes participate in the recital, except Twinkle Twos. Other performances, classes are selected by individual instructors based on event, stage size and other factors.
- Parents are invited to observe the last 5-10 minutes of the last lesson of each month. Parents are asked to observe quietly so students can focus on their exercises and instructors can train without distractions. There is no observation after December 31, as we begin preparing for our spring recital. This option may vary based on current health and safety regulations.
- In the case of inclement weather, a message will be left on AAD’s outgoing phone message and on AAD social media sites no later than 3:00 PM. We do not necessarily follow school closings. If more than one class is cancelled in a season it may be made up during other classes or will be rescheduled. One snow day/canceled class is built into AAD season’s tuition.
- In order to take full advantage of the instruction offered, regular class attendance is necessary. As a courtesy to the entire class, please avoid being tardy. Students must attend the final 8 classes before the spring recital. Students should do their best to be on time for class and try not to leave early unless it is an emergency or important event. All circumstances will be considered. There are NO REFUNDS for missed classes. Students may attend an alternate class for a make-up.
- Competition dancers; please refer to the competition handbook.
- A $50 non-refundable costume deposit is due November 1 (per costume/class). The balance for all costumes is due the first week of February. Young classes (such as Kidance & Kidtap classes) only have one costume for both classes. Tap and Hip Hop classes typically include just an accessory charge to help keep costs down. In some cases, “make-your-own costume” instructions will be issued.
- AAD offers plenty of free downtown parking on the north side of the building, near the entrance of the studio. Overflow parking is available in the lot adjacent to the AAD lot. Please feel free to park in either lot or on Division Street.
- We also offer safe car to door accessibility for those families who prefer to just drop off and pick up their dancer.
Calendar of Events
|Schedule Release Date||July 16|
|Registration Opens||July 22|
|Open House||Tuesday, August 23, 5:30-8:00 pm|
|Classes Begin||September 12|
|Torchlight Parade||September 29|
|Halloween- No Classes||October 31|
|Fall Break||November 21-27|
|Winter Break||December 21-January 3|
|Spring Break||April 5-11|
|Annual Recital||May or June (TBA)|