Policies & Communication
Communication is key.
RISK FREE. GUARANTEED…
At AAD, we value our relationships with students and parents above all else. We guarantee your satisfaction or we’ll work with you to make it right!
- “News on the Move” newsletter sent via email.
- Recital Handbook issued prior to recital.
- We ask each family to provide a valid email address as all important updates are sent via email. AAD makes every effort to keep students and parents informed if an email address is not available. If you have questions, please stop at the desk and let us know!
- Stay connected and up to date with AAD via Facebook and Instagram! Share photos, stories & ideas, stay up to date on events & performances!
- Comprehensive private AAD online parent login with even more information!
- In early June, we end our dance season with a professional and highly anticipated recital. We encourage all of our students to participate, but do not require it. Recital is a wonderful opportunity for your child to showcase all their hard work made throughout the year. Recital tickets are reserved seating and go on sale in mid April.
- The annual spring recital, local festivals, parades, competitions and events are all performance opportunities for AAD students. All classes participate in the recital, except Twinkle Twos. Other performances, classes are selected by individual instructors based on event, stage size and other factors.
- Parents are invited to observe the last 10 minutes of the last lesson of each month. Parents are asked to observe quietly so students can focus on their exercises and instructors can train without distractions. There is no observation after January 31, as we begin preparing for our spring recital.
- In the case of inclement weather, a message will be left on AAD’s outgoing phone message and on the AAD website no later than 3:00 PM. Posts will also be made to social media. We do not necessarily follow school closings. If more than one class is cancelled in a season it may be made up during other classes or will be rescheduled. One snow day is built into AAD season’s tuition (one week free in June).
- In order to take full advantage of the instruction offered, regular class attendance is necessary. As a courtesy to the entire class, please avoid being tardy. Students must attend the final 8 classes before the spring recital. Students should do their best to be on time for class and try not to leave early unless it is an emergency or important event. All circumstances will be considered. There are NO REFUNDS for missed classes. Students may attend an alternate class for a make-up.
- A $40 non-refundable costume deposit is due November 1 (per costume/class). The balance for all costumes is due the first week of February. Young classes (such as Kidance & Kidtap classes) only have one costume for both classes. Tap and Hip Hop classes typically include just an accessory charge to help keep costs down. In some cases, “make-your-own costume” instructions will be issued.
- AAD offers plenty of free downtown parking on the north side of the building, near the entrance of the studio. Overflow parking is available in the lot adjacent to the AAD lot. Please feel free to park in either lot or on Division Street.
- We also offer safe car to door accessibility for those families who prefer to just drop off and pick up their dancer.
Tuition Policies & Discounts
- Tuition is due the first lesson of each month.
- Late payments could reflect an $8.00 late fee.
- Invoices are sent by e-mail only to past due accounts.
- Invoices are only emailed out if your account balance is past due.
- Registration Fee: The Registration fee is a $55.00 non-refundable deposit. This amount includes a $25.00 processing fee and $30.00 which is applied to your May tuition balance.
- Tuition may be paid with cash, check, or credit card (Visa & MC), electronically debited from your checking account or paid via PayPal.
- Payments made via PayPal will reflect a 3% processing fee. Summer registration is a flat $5.00 fee.
- There is a $30 charge for NSF checks.
- Adults and College Student Discount: Tuition is $45 a month for the first hour class, each additional class is $20.00 per month. This offer does not apply to high school students. Dance Basics, Middle Eastern & Barre Fitness workshops do not apply to this discount.
- Additional Students from the Same Household: Families receive a 10% discount off additional family members. Discount does not apply to special workshops/classes and can not be applied to other discounts (such as the Infinite Dancer Discount).
- Entire Season Discount: If paying for the entire season, you receive a 5% discount (when using check or cash) on the entire season’s balance before Oct. 1.
- Infinite Dancer Tuition Discount: Dancers who take 5-6 hours of classes per week pay $140.00-$180 for unlimited number of classes.
- By attending an extra rehearsal, you are agreeing to have a semi-private lesson charge added to your account. Charges are divided equally between participants.
- Tuition is based off of an entire year of classes. Classes missed by an individual dancer will not be pro-rated or refunded.
- Tuition, deposits & costumes are non transferable or refundable.
- Withdrawal from any class requires written notice before the 1st of the month. Monthly tuition/charges will continue to be billed until notice is documented.