- Level I
(8-11 or teacher recommendation) A beginner level. This level is designed so the young beginner dancer can attend Ballet, Tap and Jazz classes in their entirety.
- Level II
(9-11 or teacher recommendation) An advanced beginner level. Enrollment in Ballet, Tap, Jazz & Pre-Pointe is based on instructor recommendation.
- Level III
(Level based on skill rather than age) An intermediate to beg. intermediate level. Enrollment in Pre-Pointe/Pointe I, Ballet, Tap & Jazz is based on instructor recommendation. This level is perfect for those dancers wanting to try new classes and dance disciplines.
- Level IV
(Level based on skill rather than age) An advanced intermediate level. Enrollment in Pointe, Ballet, Tap & Jazz is based on instructor recommendation.
- Level V
(Level based on skill rather than age) An advanced level. Enrollment in Pointe, Ballet, Tap & Jazz is based on instructor recommendation.
- Ballet I-V
A classical form of dance that provides a strong, solid technical base for all other dance forms. Classical technique including barre, center work, progressions & vocabulary are taught. Emphasis on developing correct placement, habits & a solid foundation for future dance study.
- Jazz I-V
A full body warm-up including center, across the floor and combinations that include an exploration of different jazz styles. Fun, upbeat style of dance that stems from ballet and combines today’s stylish moves with energetic, popular, age-appropriate music.
- Tap I-V
Tap technique, stylization, terminology, historical background and an emphasis on rhythmic skills. Great for developing rhythmic coordination skills. Traditional & modern styles explored.
- Pre-Pointe, Pointe III-V
Pointe requires a solid foundation of advanced Ballet technique. Instructors determine when a student is technically & physically capable of beginning Pointe work. This class must accompany a regular ballet class.
- Fundamentals (teen-adult)
It’s never too late to start dancing! This class is designed for teens & adults who would like a regular weekly class that offers fundamental technique in Ballet, Jazz & Hip Hop. It provides great benefits to self-esteem & exercise, is a fun, no pressure, relaxed environment! Great for those involved in Show Choir & Theatre!
- Hip Hop (6-adult)
An athletic combination of fast footwork, free-style dance, salsa, and martial arts moves, done to pulsating street-style music. This class combines the high energy of Hip-Hop with traditional Jazz technique.
Boys Hip Hop: “No Tutus! No Tights! Just Boys!”
- Musical Theatre I-V
Explore dance through Broadway musicals. Technical skills and choreography are the basis of MT. This class uses community and competitive performances to enhance dance and life skills. Ballet and Jazz are required (II-V) and Tap is encouraged, as this is a competition class.
- Lyrical I-V
A highly technical style of dance that fuses ballet & jazz to show the meaning of music. Lyrical will challenge students to use movement & emotion to tell a story. Ballet is required to take lyrical. Level III-V may compete.
- Modern II/III & IV/V
A style of theatrical dance that rejects the limitations of classical ballet and favors movement deriving from the expression of inner feeling; free movement. Modern II/III: no technical training needed. Modern IV/V: a Ballet &/or Jazz technique class is required. Level IV/V may compete.
- Irish (5-adult)
- Kid-Irish: An intro to Irish technique is taught & is the main focus throughout the year.
- Irish I & Adult: Basic technique is taught & is the main focus throughout the year. Students will learn the beginner jig and reel.
- Irish II & Adult: Students who have had 1-2 yrs. experience in Irish dance will be placed in this advanced beginning class. Basic technique is reviewed & continued & an intro to hard shoe will begin in this level.
- Irish III: Dancers will learn more challenging dances in hard & soft shoe. Additional team dances will be taught. Students will be encouraged to excel in their knowledge of form, posture and rhythm.
- Irish IV: Dancers will further advance in the complexity of the steps in their dances, including the jig, reel & slip jig & also will learn different hard shoe timings in the slow hornpipe, slow treble jig & traditional set.
- Irish V: This level demands more time dedicated to stamina & set dances. Students will demonstrate the most advanced steps & will serve as an example of excellence to audiences & younger students.