- “News on the Move” newsletter. Sent via email.
- Recital Handbook issued prior to recital.
- We require each family to provide an email address.
All important updates are sent via email. AAD makes every effort to keep students and parents informed. If you have questions, please let us know!
- Stay connected with AAD via Facebook! Share photos, stories & ideas, stay up to date on events & performances!
Open House & Observation
Parents are invited to observe the last 10 minutes of the last lesson of each month. Parents are asked to observe quietly so students can focus on their exercises and instructors can train without distractions. There is no observation after January 31st.
The annual spring recital, local festivals, parades, competitions and events are all performance opportunities for AAD students. Classes are selected by individual instructors.
AAD offers plenty of free downtown parking on the north side of the building, near the entrance of the studio. Overflow parking is available in the lot behind the AAD lot. Please feel free to park in either lot or on Division Street.
In the case of inclement weather, a message will be left on AAD’s outgoing phone message and on the AAD website no later than 3:00 PM. We do not necessarily follow school closings. If more than one class is cancelled in a season it may be made up during other classes or will be rescheduled. One snow day built into AAD season’s tuition (one week free in June).
In early June, we end our dance season with a professional and highly anticipated recital. We encourage all of our students to participate, but do not require it. Recital is a wonderful opportunity for your child to showcase all their hard work made throughout the year. Recital tickets are reserved seating and go on sale in mid April.
In order to take full advantage of the instruction offered, regular class attendance is necessary. As a courtesy to entire class, please avoid being tardy. Students must attend the final 8 classes before the spring recital. Students should do their best to be on time for class and try not to leave early unless it is an emergency or important event. All circumstances will be considered. There are NO REFUNDS for missed classes. Students may attend an alternate class for a make-up.
A $35.00 non-refundable costume deposit is due November 1 (per costume). The balance for all costumes is due the first week of February. Young classes (Kidance & Kidtap classes along with Levels I and II Jazz & Tap classes) only have one costume for both classes. In some cases, “make-your-own costume” instructions will be issued.
Tuition Policies & Discounts
- Tuition is due the first lesson of each month.
- Late payment could reflect an $8.00 late fee.
- Invoices are sent by e-mail only.
- Invoices are only mailed out if your account balance is past due.
- Registration Fee: The Registration fee is a $55.00 non-refundable deposit. This amount includes a $25.00 processing fee and $30.00 which is applied to your May tuition balance.
- Tuition may be paid with cash, check, or credit card (Visa & MC), electronically debited from your checking account or paid via PayPal.
- Payments made via PayPal will reflect a 3% processing fee.
- There is a $30 charge for NSF checks.
- Adults and College Student Discount: Tuition is $45 a month for the first hour class, each additional class is $20.00 per month. This offer does not apply to high school students. Dance Basics, Middle Eastern & Barre Fitness workshops do not apply to this discount.
- Additional Students from the Same Household: Families receive a 10% discount off additional family members. Discount does not apply to special workshops/classes and can not be applied to other discounts (such as the Infinite Dancer Discount).
- Entire Season Discount: If paying for the entire season, you receive a 5% discount (when using check or cash) on the entire season’s balance before Oct. 1.
- Infinite Dancer Tuition Discount: Dancers who take 4.5 hrs. or more of classes per week pay $130.00 for unlimited number of classes.
- By attending an extra rehearsal, you are agreeing to have a semi-private lesson charge added to your account. Charges are divided equally between participants.
- Tuition is based off of an entire year of classes. Classed missed by an individual dancer will not be pro-rated or refunded.
- Tuition, deposits & costumes are non transferable or refundable.
- Withdrawal from any class requires written notice before the 1st of the month. Monthly tuition/charges will continue to be billed until notice is documented. Please review our complete policy for further information.